For some, the words to express how we truly feel come quite easily to us. For others… not so much.
Well that’s all going to change now that you have a handy guide to help you!
Writing tips for the perfect birthday card message:
Remember: start light and casual; if you’re close with the person, be a bit more sentimental; and of course, have fun!
Who are you writing to?
Writing a birthday card message for your mother is a lot different then writing one to your colleague.
Think about who you are writing to; piece of (birthday) cake!
And that’s where personalization and thought can really help you create a meaningful message.
All your life, you’ve appreciated your mom, but even that might not have been quite enough. Take her birthday as an opportunity to remind her of how much she means to you!
- I am who I am today because of you.
- Thank you for having me!
- I am blessed to have you as a mom.
Your dad has been someone you could lean on since you were little and yours is a special bond that should be celebrated as such.
- Thanks for being my rock.
- You may be an old man, but man do I love you.
- Thank you for being awesome, dad, and making me awesome too.
Think about connecting with them about some childhood memories or some funny things your parents have said.
- Thank you for being my sibling and best friend!
- Happy Birthday to the second coolest person I know…
- I am so lucky to have you as a sister/brother.
Writing to your spouse should be from the heart and frankly, not that hard—you did write your vows at some point and that’s way more intricate than a birthday card message!
- Happy Birthday to my better half (or the old ball and chain if you feel like taking the risk!)
- Another year older, another year of loving you.
- Thank you for being my person.
When creating a message to your children, include how proud you are of them and how unbelievable it’s been to watch them grow throughout the years (no matter how old they are).
- Another year older and another year more awesome!
- Thank you for putting a smile on my face every day.
- We’ve loved watching you grow and can’t wait to see what your future holds.
Work might not be super exciting, but that doesn’t mean your birthday card can’t be!
Keep it lighthearted and use it as a chance to kick-start their day the right way.
- If it weren’t for you, work would be way less fun!
- Don’t work too hard on your birthday!
- You make my Monday mornings at work much more bearable.
Writing a card for birthday flowers
When you send a card with some gorgeous birthday flowers, we suggest you keep the message short and sweet while the flowers do most of the talking.
So, if you’re feeling up to it, you can always use your flowers as inspiration!
- Roses are red, violets are blue…
- Hope you have a blooming year!
- Iris you all the happiness in the world.
Choosing the right birthday flowers
When you’re looking for the perfect bouquet of birthday flowers to send, look no further than Dallas House of Flowers.
We have flowers in every size, shape and color, ready to brighten up anyone’s day.